I am enjoying the game a lot and having a blast with a couple of friends in standard league. It is a very enjoyable experience do far. The community seems nice most of the times, however, every couple of videos or posts I came across there’s always people trashing on standard league and the people who plays it. Am I missing out on something or is it just some sort of elitism going on? If you need poe orbs cheap in game, you can choose u4gm.com sale cheap poe currency.
Your currency is worth significantly less in Standard because everyone has their multiple old leagues’ worth of wealth. If you played a month each league, you’d be better off than playing 8 months of standard for multiple reasons. It’s easier to make money in a new league, more people play new leagues than standard, so more trades occur.
It’s a race, and those who want to get ahead are willing to pay for advantages. If you have a marketable advantage, you can profit. Also, those who are ahead in the race can sell to those behind in the race. Like the other guy said, people have 500ex to blow, do you have 500ex? In comparison, a league doesn’t last long enough for nearly anyone to make that much money. Standard is just casual play, and fewer people want to play this game casually than those who want to play competitively. This game is some peoples’ lives.
Some of it is memeing/elitism, but the temporary leagues do have a few advantages over standard.
- Temporary league mechanic, which is usually a ton of fun and extra loot.
- Fresh economy. Standard contains all the wealth from every league ever and the economy is kind of weird.
- More players, meaning it’s easier to find people to trade and play with.
- Challenges, which reward you with some sweet limited cosmetic items.
Every time there’s a new batch of unique items that come out, my first thought is how I could make some of these items shine enough to become a build of their own. This many hours in, I’ve played everything that was of interest to me. However, these past few leagues I’ve slowed down. Not out of boredom, but there just wasn’t that “little something” to keep me interested.
Originally I thought it was just me being burnt out, but I realized it was the fact that it didn’t really matter what I picked anymore. If I wanted to clear T15 maps, I could slap on any skill or spell, use incredibly generic items, get an arbitrarily “ok” amount of EHP and I’d be golden. I work in game design and I’ve considered things like the fact that the game was essentially “solved”. Things like PoB would exacerbate that fact. But if you look a little deeper, it’s all a blurr. Regardless of the skill you use, you hardly ever get to truly interact with monster mechanics. Unless you’re absolutely swarmed in Legacy or Flashback leagues, how often can you say you’ve seen monsters animate an attack completely? How about two attacks? That doesn’t really seem right to me. It means I can use Elemental Focus on spells that should normally be made stronger by the status effect their provide. I can do that because the monsters die instantly. Why shock them? Why Freeze them? A 50% more multiplier removes the illusion of choice.
The game is homogenized by the fact that numbers are just too high. Outside of T16 bosses, uber atziri/lab/Elder, Shaper/Elder and high tier Elder Guardians, the only challenge the game provides are on-kill effects; Bleed, bears, volatile, DD and a few occasional RNG setups. If map monster HP was SIGNIFICANTLY buffed, we’d be forced to properly interact with monster AI.
I used to pride myself in knowing that I was making original builds. That I was bringing something different to the table and sometimes even affecting the meta, if even slightly. There used to be a time where completing Atziri was a big deal. But now it doesn’t matter.
It’s all numbers. More multipliers. Damage effectiveness. Base damage of the skill and/or how it behaves mechanically. I’m ok with certain skills performing better at bosses, but I’m less ok with all skills performing exactly the same while mapping (except in terms of mechanical behavior that then simply makes skill X stronger than skill Y because it’s the same thing but you can clear the map faster with it. U4GM.com as one of the most professional online store which glad to share more PoE News and cheap poe currency buy with instant delivery.
So it’s not really following a build, and that’s a good way to understand why people take this path rather than this one, and will give you a good general understanding. Note however that there are a lot of things to learn in PoE, so reading guides, even if not following them, can be beneficial. If you need poe orbs cheap in game, you can choose u4gm.com sale cheap poe currency.
But overall, think defenses in your tree. For life based build ou wont go very far without at least 120% life on the tree, for pure ES builds I don’t know. If you want a few guidelines of how to build a tree :
- Focus on one (or at most two) main skill. Think Clearing vs. Single Target. All others skill are only here to help you (Aura, Curses etc.)
- Choose which Keystones you’ll want (the big nodes like Chaos Innoculation)
- Choose your hp pool (life or ES), get a lot of nodes for it (see above)
- If going crit, take a few crit nodes
- Look for the best value per point nodes for dps, but don’t take too much
- Choose your class/ascendancy according to all of this (for example, starting as a Witch to get Iron Reflexes by not be a good idea).
- Note that taking resistances on the tree can be completely avoided as it will be covered by your gear (unless unique heavy build).
- Don’t neglect primary stats (str,int,dex), but don’t focus on them too much (taking a +30 stat nodes is not a bad thing).
- Have fun trying to optimize your pathing.
- Do not take any auras related nodes unless you use a lot of aura (support). These nodes are a lot less interesting than there were in the past.
- Plan your build for level 80-85 max, really. This means something like 100 points. The last ones should be pure bonus and not necessary.
I hope this can help a bit, please exiles be free to correct or add anything!