Active skill gems and support skill gems are usually referred to as skill gems. Skill gems must be equipped in item sockets before their use. Active skill gems grant an active skill for the player to use and are further augmented by linked support skill gems. There are currently 194 different active skill gems and 106 support skill gems in the game, for a total of 300.
Skill gems are not to be confused with passive skills, which provide constant stats and mainly earned through character levelling.
- Getting the Gems for POE Items
- Earned through a quest reward (see quest reward gems).
- Purchased from town vendors once a certain quest is complete.
- Vendors in Acts 1-4 sell leveled skill gems. The available gems are based on the character’s class.
- Siosa in Act 3 sells all unleveled skill gems that can be received as quest rewards, across all classes.
- Lilly Roth in Act 6 sells all unleveled skill gems after completing the Act 6 quest “Fallen from Grace”.
- Vendor recipe (see vendor recipe system).
- Random drop from monsters, chests and strongboxes.
- Random offer from a master (master skill gem list).
- Vaal skill gems come from Vaal Vessels in corrupted areas.
- As a reward for turning certain sets of divination cards.
Path of Exile Items for Gem Hunters
Gems gain experience and levels alongside the character wearing them in hunting for POE Currency. For all the experience the exile receives, a gem gains its own additional experience at 10% of that amount. Additional gems do not share that experience, but gain their own 10%. Gem experience is not restricted by player level boundaries, so high level characters might not gain experience from low level enemies, but the gem will continue to gain the 10% it normally would.
Once a gem has enough experience to level up, it will stop gaining experience and a level–up icon will appear on the right of the screen and in the inventory menu. Left–clicking it will level up the gem, right–clicking the icon will hide it on the side of the screen, but it will still be accessible in the inventory menu. Not leveling up a gem is useful in some situations.
Lastly, Getting Path of Exile currency and orbs are generally the easiest solution to become wealthy inside the game, you guys can purchase some orbs via or some other internet site, you understand, you are going to by no means have adequate time for you to farm sufficient Path of Exile Orbs or Currency, so you could get some assistance from U4gm. com.